Sunday, April 3, 2011

Potting the Plants


I finally cleaned out the dead Autumn plants from the pots on the balcony.
They sat there like this all winter! They stayed frozen most the time.
 
These plants, lasted so long into Winter, still in the end they ended up looking nasty. Now that they are in the trash and the pots have fresh soil, I can transplant the little starters. Below are a few sweet pea plants. I look forward to seeing how far they spread along my balcony.
I had started some seeds in egg cartons in my kitchen window. I decided to go ahead and transplant them now. It is much earlier then I would normally transplant. I think they need some more time, but it has been warm and sunny all week. I think they are not getting enough light on the kitchen windowsill. It only receives afternoon and  some evening light. On the balcony the plants get way more time in the Sun, besides it was not a good set up on the windowsill. It was messy and some of the egg cartons were loosing a bit of their form. And REALLY  I was ready to get them out of my kitchen.
The little tomato plants look good, most ended up to be about the same size as the one here.

Balcony right corner: Before
Balcony right corner:After    Fresh pot with bell peppers and garlic.


Up on the ledge I have some tomato plants. They will need to be re-potted again as well as the two garlic plants. Check out the background. I live on a very busy street in Neukölln, Berlin.

I needed a another container for the tomato plants. I didn't have any more of the black plastic plant pots. I found this in the sink from last night's delicious peach tart. It was so yummy. Anyway,  I just think it looks cute and it is temporary anyway, no harm no foul.

I ended up with the peas here in the large pot with some spinach and greens. The center pot has flowers and the thinner pot has some lettuce and a tomato plant. This blue thing is also only for the time being. I need to think on it and maybe get some accessories to have this little space come together. I loving watching my garden grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment