Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Seedlings Update


My Balcony Garden is doing alright. It was pretty cool the last week but this weekend it really warmed up and the sunny sunny sun came back out from behind the perpetual Berlin clouds. I hope it stays out a little longer this time.
My Sweet peas are looking good. I will soon need to figure out how to supply them with something to grow on. I will be Jerry rigging something soon.

The garlic hasn't been doing so well. I am pretty sure they are DEAD. Well I will just have to read up again on how to properly care for them. Maybe it was just too early and too chilly. I haven't given up on Garlic. I will just have to regroup and try again.

This pot has the bell peppers and two other garlic attempts (also Dead). I need to find some bricks or something similar to prop this pot up. It gets less light being over in this corner then the pots on the other side of my balcony. Though when it is raised up a little higher it receives quite a good amount of light.

See the bell pepper seedlings popping up through the soil!!? I can't wait to see how they grow.
I moved the extra tomato plants back into the kitchen. They have been in stasis since I put them out on the balcony.

Not much growing action going on, what's the deal? To chilly? Probably. oh well.
This is a Hyacinth that I received from someone last year. I am so happy to see it is growing again this year. I had never dealt with a flower bulb before, but I remembered my mom telling me that, you leave the bulb in the soil after the flower has wilted. -She often folded the drooping leaves over on themselves and secured them with a rubber band. Like you do with a long pony tail.- This allows the plant to store nutrients in the bulb for the next season. So that is what I did last year and it worked, yeah!!
There has even been some new grown on my cactus. 

 I have had these for over two years and not much has happened to them. In fact I am surprised they are still alive. I love cactus though because you can totally forget about them for like a month and they are still there just chillin'. 

Now that I know that I can handle cactus plants, I am thinking to add a few more to my collection. Maybe something prickly this time..

No comments:

Post a Comment