Thursday, September 8, 2011

No Public Transportation

During the week I usually head over to my guy's place for dinner and a sleep over. Which is exactly what I did yesterday with the dog in tow.
Phillip, the hound dog, is a chicken and scared of everything. He does not like riding Public at all, so, I opted for hoofing it!
It is 5.8km, that's 3.6miles! (I googled it) It took us about an hour and 20 minutes. It was a straight shoot more or less but long, and full of obsticales. Pedestrians, bikes, cars, and millions and trillions of things that needed to be sniffed.

A fourth of the way there crossing over the canal.
The U1 to Warschauerstraße, heading over the Bridge.

Crossing the River Spree under the train tracks, 2/3rds of the way there.

The Berlin skyline from the bridge
 We made it safe and sound. Phillip was so tired that as soon as he was given a comfy place to lay out we didn't hear from him till the next day.
Then the next morning we retraced our footsteps all the 5.8kms home.
This time I opted for off leash,(except when crossing busy streets) it was easier then I thought it would be.

This is the same bridge we crossed the evening before but we were in the area underneath the red bricked section. It looks cooler from outside. You can't see much coming from the other side.

The bridge is right next to the beginning of the East Side Gallery, a preserved section of the Wall that has been painted by many artists over the years.
It was a good walk, I learned a little bit more about how my city is connected. I had been to a few of the places I past but never knew they were connected in such a way. It is completely different to walk from place to place then to sit in Public and pop out at different spots on the map. I am wondering what other areas to explore this week while I have the dog for a walking buddy. Cuz Lord knows no one else will.

No comments:

Post a Comment