Friday, September 9, 2011

Garden: FAIL

Gardening this year has sucked!
The tomato plants on their last days
The weather was cool all summer, we never got any heat. That said most of the plants didn't make it. The Tomato plants grew but didn't produce much. The peppers never got bigger then 8 inches and had only one bud that fell off. So no peppers! I tried spinach and lettuce, but nothing really took off.

Last attempt at pumpkins
I have some pumpkin plants growing but it is so late I doubt if they will produce any pumpkins. I have them in doors so maybe it will be sunny and warm enough to get one or two mini pumpkins before Halloween.
Found a 5th caterpillar, hopefully it is the last
I found catapillars on the greens. First two then a week later two more and finally yesterday a 5th one!! What gives!! I moved them indoor after I found the 3rd and 4th. I don't know what to do! I really wanted some good greens. I miss me some southern cooking. Greens and crayfish etouffee, yumm. . .
My Greens are pitiful
Well we will see if I get anything edible from these last attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment