Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Futon Coat Rack

I have no closets in my place. It is for sure a German thing, if not a European thing. So I have no place to stash my coats and guest's coats. Up until now, I have been throwing them on the bookshelf in the hall. Which is already cluttered with other thing and adding the coats just makes it look cumbersome and unstable.

So to solve this problem with out spending much money I figured how to reuse some things I had laying around.


This is actually a section of a three paneled futon from Ikea that did not last long in it intended function.
'L' shaped attachment

My Guy hung the futon piece on the wall using some metal 'L' shaped thingies (they come with wardrobes so that you can fasten them to the wall, so that they do not fall over).

Box O' hooks














Then I screwed in some hook for hanging coats and things, where ever I liked.























Ta da the finished product!! My Futon Coat Rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment